An Authors Journey: Author Violet Patterson




So today we have an amazing author with us Violet Patterson and she is going to share her author's journey.  I will also be reviewing her book soon on the blog so stay tuned for that soon.

 An Author's Journey - Your
Authors Journey

It’s difficult to describe my journey as an author.  It isn’t particularly exciting; parts of it are downright boring and even cliché.  I tell my story and answer interview questions generally the same and it feels boring every time.  I hate that I don’t have a thrilling story sometimes, but then I remember that I have a story, several small moments that make me who I am and color every one of my stories from start to finish.  It doesn’t matter that my heart was broken in the most commonplace way possible – my high school sweetheart who I married after college decided that family with me was not as exciting as parties, barhopping and girlfriends.  It doesn’t matter that I wasted eight years of my life working a terrible, stifling cubicle job that nearly drove me mad.  It doesn’t matter that my life is not remotely where I hoped it would be at this point. 

What matters is what I’ve learned from all of it.  What matters is what I’ve learned from my parents, my siblings, and my friends.  What matters is what I’ve learned from my children and being a mother. 



I got this amazing taste in music from my father so I could grow emotionally, block out the world to lose myself in a story, and in some cases appropriately title my books.  My mother taught me the basics of sewing so that I could figure out how to make my awesome dresses and hats and everything else I make.  My brother taught me that no matter how many times the world beats you down – and believe me, my little brother has been beat down time and again – it is always possible to get back and hold on to the warmth in your heart for those who deserve it.  From my sister I learned that size matters not.  She is even shorter than I am but she went to college in part due to her basketball skills.  Friends? I’ve had them and lost them but universally they’ve taught me the good and bad of this world.  I’ve learned when to walk away because of an unhealthy balances and when to stay because I’m needed.  Perhaps I’ve learned the most from my children.  If not for them I may never have had the courage to publish anything.

I would not have had the motivation to do so.  Everything would have been sitting around in
random files on my computer, notebooks and journals forever.  It troubled them that I was not happy with my work and they suggested that I write my stories down and sell them.  My children are my biggest fans and ever my muses.  They crack their little whips when I need to get to writing and they force some breaks when I have sat at my computer for too long. 

No, it’s not the most glamorous tale, writing since childhood and finally publishing because of my children as much as myself, but it is my story, all of the ins and outs, ups and downs.  It’s my story and I wouldn’t trade a second of it.

Author of the YA epic fantasy - ESTELAN and the adult contemp/urban fantasy Emerald Seer Series
http://creatingestelan.blogspot.com
http://emeraldseer.blogspot.com



Thanks so much Violet for being with us today and sharing your journey with us! 


Author Information


Ms. Patterson graduated from Miami University with a degree in psychology and minor in criminology. She spends her days like most super-heroines waiting for the clock to strike five, so she can escape into her imagination once again to pen another bestselling novel. Be sure to check out her amazing paranormal EMERALD SEER Series. Blog: http://emeraldseer.blogspot.com Twitter: @booksbyviolet

1 comments: